Phone: (740) 633-2876
- Provide the best customer service possible whether assisting residents, building owners, or landlords.
- To improve the quality of life for all citizens.
Maintaining and improving your property enhances its value as well as the properties around you. When a property is not well maintained it can lead to expensive repairs and have a detrimental influence on the neighborhood. All property owners are mandated by law to maintain their property in a way that meets city codes.
Martins Ferry’s Code Enforcement is charged with the duty of regulating property upkeep within the city limits. When needed, the Code Administrator will fine property owners who are negligent in their property maintenance obligations.
Below is a helpful overview of some common code violations:
- Trash: It is against city ordinances to allow trash to litter property.
- Disabled vehicles: Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles must be stored in a garage, not in driveway or on streets or alleys.
- Vehicles in yards: Vehicles must be parked on pavement or in a garage, not on grass.
- Tall grass: Lawns must be mowed to a height of no more than 12 inches. Additional shrubs must not overhang the street or sidewalks.
- Signs: Temporary signs may not be placed on utility poles, stop signs, or light poles.
The City of Martins Ferry has adopted the 2012 ICC Residential Property Maintenance Codes. An online copy of the codes may be seen by clicking here.
To report a violation or make an inquiry regarding codes, please contact the Code Administrator.